Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Research Blog 6

Today I didn't have too much time to research because by the time I got settled it was already almost time to go. I need to get faster at that. I'm not sure how I felt about Mr. Perkinson. He was nice but I don't know if he will fit in. Here is my reflection/impression that I sent to Mr. Engholm.

I liked how Mr. Perkinson asked everyone about their thesis project because it felt like he was trying to get to know us better. He was interesting to listen to and seemed enthusiastic about the job opportunity. I do have this fear, however, that it is all just an act (you might not want to include this part) and that he will turn out to be a dictator rather than someone like Mr. Brock because he seemed to have an edge to him. Of course, in his profession he has to have a strict side to control any out-of-control students. I know we can’t keep Mr. Brock and that there won’t be another Mr. Brock but I don’t want a new person. I do not know what we could we glean from our thirty minute meeting we him. Obviously, he is qualified as are all of the other applicants but I do not know what sets him apart. I should have asked this question in class but I thought it wouldn’t be appropriate. Overall I liked him, but he was trying his best to make a good impression, which isn’t his fault. However, I would like to meet some of the other candidates to form a rational decision so I could compare him.

No comments:

Post a Comment