Monday, January 9, 2012

Craft of Reading: Pages 31-50

Read p. 31-50 of CoR and blog a response to a conversation with someone you respect about your interest. What problems did you have expressing your idea? What advice and reactions made you feel more or less confident?
Yesterday I talked to Mr. Bowman, who is likely to be my advisor, about my proposed thesis. I am getting nervous about it because neither Mr. Bowman nor I have any background in music. Here is how my idea is supposed to work:
We do not know how we are going to program the music patterns. A huge issue is that the music has to sound good together. This is making me doubt the entire idea. After my presentation, everyone in class gave me ideas about how I could still use the Kinect but get rid of the programming of music part. This is making me feel a little better, but I still do not know what I am going to do. I am going to try to have another conversation with Mr Bowman this week. I am even less confident because Mr. Bowman will be busy with FIRST Robotics for six weeks, THE PEAK RESEARCHING TIME, so I do not know what to do. I felt a little better after presenting because the ideas everyone gave me. I just hope I can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment