Monday, January 30, 2012

Day One of Research Blogging

Today I watched anxiously as other students sat across from Mr. Engholm discussing their proposals. This stressed me out a lot as some of the other people looked, well, not upset but definitely stressed. I keep thinking about my proposal wondering how I could fix it. This Wednesday is when we need to have met with our advisors by to discuss our proposals. I will try to talk to Mr. Bowman tomorrow about that, although I know he is extremely busy with FIRST Robotics right now, but I knew that going in.
I have a found a lot of information online detailing the innovativeness of Kinect hacks. I have joined many "hacking" sites to learn more about how to first hack into the Kinect and secondly how to create my own hack. I am also about to start a series of computer science videos produced by Harvard to increase my computer programming savviness. By about to I mean as soon as I make a schedule that devotes a certain amount of time each week to watching and taking notes on these videos. Hey, I could do that during our time in The Cave. But no, I should probably research something else, although this is an integral part of my thesis project. Speaking of schedules, I am completely overwhelmed. I wake up and, depending on the day, go to Chinese class for 7:00 a.m.. Theme I have all of my classes until 3:15, which is only the beginning for I will spend another three hours on campus. I will either go to softball or robotics (I am the semi-president as all we did was just raise our hands) and some times afterwards go to mock trial. Someways, such as tomorrow, I have all four of these additional things to do on campus. It makes for a late night as usually I have a large amount of homework that is impossible to be completed before 12:00 a.m. at the earliest. This itself is quite stressful. I have come to the conclusion that in order to e successful in each day of researching I must makes an agenda I things I hope to accomplish. I could do this in a word document or in my notebook. I can even do something similar to a long term plan in Noodle Tools. Here's to happy researching.

No comments:

Post a Comment