Sunday, January 1, 2012

Impact of Crime Shows

I started watching Dexter last week and I am not sure how I feel about it. Don't get me wrong it was really good, but it's kind of...different. Then I started thinking about what kind of impact a show like this would have. I was reading about Dexter and this teenage a couple years ago said Dexter inspired him to kill his little brother. I don't blame crime shows but some people (mentally unstable people) take it a little too far. What about CSI and other shows like this? Just an idea to study the impact of crime shows.

1 comment:

  1. You could also look into like.. how exposure to certain things makes it seem ok. Like the growing amount of violent video games and how it compares to the growing crime rate, shows about sex and pregnancy rates, things like that.

    ReplyDelete