Sunday, January 1, 2012

XBOX Kinect

So a couple weeks ago when we went to Slidell for a robot presentation, we got to see how our mentor team used an XBOX Kinect to direct the robot's movement. Then on the way home with Mr. Bowman we discussed potential thesis ideas. One idea was to use the XBOX Kinect to make music. Kind of going off of Josh Parnell here, but so you dance and it makes music that fits or matches your dancing. So it would be programming, which I am learning about. This is just an idea.

7 comments:

  1. That would be the coolest thing ever! If you started ballroom dancing and it just produced a song that fit that?? However, would that even be possible? You should definitely look further into this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Mr. Bowman would be a great mentor for a thesis like this! I have had him twice as a teacher and he is always playing around with certain programs... I don't know if you are interested but maybe you could create your own video come combining your love of crime and schemes with the XBOX and programming? Just a suggestion...

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you could figure out how to do this i think it would be really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES! TRY THIS! Even if not for Thesis! I would help test...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! This would really cool! I definitely think that you should keep looking into this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This would be so cool if you could do this! I know nothing about this, so I will be very interested in it if you do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Xbox Kinect is the best thing ever created! I love how it can detect your movements without a controller. This would be so cool if you could do this! I know it will require a lot of work, but it would be the coolest this ever!

    ReplyDelete